Support Manatee Literacy Council
Thank you for your support and generosity! Make an online donation.
Literacy changes lives here in Manatee County
Literacy gives pride to the grandmother working toward her GED. It gives hope to the father who can finally help his children with their homework. It gives confidence to the psychologist from Peru who wants to become an American citizen.
Your gift to Manatee Literacy Council helps change the lives of these adults and others who want to become self sufficient, improve the lives of themselves and their families, and make a meaningful contribution to our community.
Please help us share the power of literacy. Manatee Literacy Council is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. We depend on the generosity of your tax-deductible gift to provide the support and instruction our students need to succeed. Your gift helps break the cycle of poverty.
Gifts for our tutoring program help men and women build a better life. Your financial investment supports their hard work to learn literacy skills that many of us take for granted: fill out a job application, improve employment skills, open a bank account, register to vote, use a computer, read to their children, or earn their GED.
Literacy has the power to reduce crime, unemployment rates, discrimination, injustice, and dependence on public assistance. The men and women who gather their courage and come to us desperately want to learn and are willing to commit to long hours studying each week.
The Impact of Your Investment
- $50 pays for required training materials for one tutor
- $100 purchases books for one learner/tutor pair
- $250 supports the cost for one pair for a full year
- $600 provides tutor training workshop for 10+ volunteers
Your gift of any amount goes a long way at Manatee Literacy Council. With your support, and the support of our trained volunteers, we can build a strong and literate community.
How to Give
- Make a secure online donation here.
- Send a check payable to "Manatee Literacy Council" to 3501 Cortez Road West, Suite 6, Bradenton, FL 34210.
- You will receive a tax acknowledgment for your donation.
Ways to Give
- Monetary Donations: Make a gift via our secure online donation form, or by sending a payment to the address listed above. To set up recurring payments, follow the instructions on the online donation form, or contact Manatee Literacy Council at 941-746-8197.
- Tributes: Pay tribute to a loved one by making a donation in honor or in memory of someone. Include the honoree's name in the comments section of the online donation form or with your mailed payment. If you provide the honoree's contact information (address and/or email), Manatee Literacy Council will let the honoree know a donation has been made on their behalf.
- Donate Items: Manatee Literacy Council always needs office supplies (white copy paper, sticky notes, flip chart pads, file folders, 3-ring binders, ink pens, permanent markers, highlighters). Email us at email@example.com for our current Wish List.
- Shop with Amazon Smile: If you shop with Amazon, you can set up to have Amazon donate a portion of your purchases to Manatee Literacy Council. It's easy and costs you nothing. Learn more at Amazon Smile. Designate "Literacy Council of Manatee County, Inc." as the recipient.
- Partner or Collaborate: Learn more about the exciting ways local businesses and other nonprofit organizations are supporting literacy in our community.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions from an IRA: If you are 72 years or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit MLC and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000, tax-free, directly transferred from your IRA to qualified charity such as MLC. If you have not yet taken your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) for the year, your Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) can satisfy all or part of your RMD. A QCD from your IRA generates either taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions. You must complete your 2018 transfer by December 31, so contact your IRA administrator today about making a QCD to Manatee Literacy Council.
- Planned Gift: You can extend your legacy of literacy to future generations by including Manatee Literacy Council in your retirement plan, will, or living trust. Planned gifts—large and small—are a lasting way to help families develop self-sufficiency and long-term economic success. To learn more about how to arrange a planned gift to Manatee Literacy Council, please contact Executive Director Michelle McLean at 941-746-8197 or via email. You should always seek legal counsel prior to making a decision on planned giving.
- Stock Transfers: Giving stock donations to Manatee Literacy Council is a relatively simple process. The steps involved depend on how you—the donor—hold the stock. For more information, please contact Executive Director Michelle McLean at 941-746-8197 or via email.
Manatee Literacy Council receives no local, state, or federal funding. Your support as an individual or corporation is greatly appreciated.
The Literacy Council of Manatee County dba Manatee Literacy Council is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the state (1-800-435-7352) or from the website www.freshfromflorida.com Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. One hundred percent (100%) of each contribution is received by Manatee Literacy Council, Registration #CH210. The Literacy Council of Manatee County dba Manatee Literacy Council is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the revenue service tax code. Tax ID #59-2116479